Thursday, May 24, 2007

A few more Spring flowers and the turkeys in the new tractor.


The Antoinette Tulips a week after first yellow bloomsThe Antoinette are quite different now a week later. I'm really enjoying them so I think I'll pick up more bulbs this Fall.



Small white narcissus with curved back sepalsI also planted more Narcissus large yellow ones, pale yellow with darker yellow trumpets, an all white one where the sepals grow away from the trumpet, and white ones with tiny trumpets that have an orange ring. This is the all white ones, they are very elegant slender flowers.


Pheasant's Eye NarcissusHere is the "Pheasants Eye" Narcissus (Narcissus poeticus). They are in the herb garden, you can see the rhubarb in the background covering the early yellow Daffs.


Glorious crabapple and Downy WoodpeckerThe crab apple is glorious this year. I didn't think it was going to survive the winter. The bark is a mess and riddled with woodpecker holes. Speaking of which there is a little Downy Woodpecker at the sunflower seed feeder.


Solomons Seal starting to flowerOne last plant picture. Here is the Solomons Seal that Chris's and Tracy's Mother Joyce gave me a year before she died. It has really filled in from the three skinny stalks it started as.


Charlotte Bronte TurkenI'll sneak in this picture of Charlotte Bronte Turken. Once I was past her bare neck, I found she was a wonderful bird.



Little turkeys in their tractorSo here are the poults in their tractor. They've settled in well and are already quite the fliers. I think they are finding the heat lamp too hot now and seemed happy with just the little "tent."


Jordan watching the poultsJordan doesn't pay the chickens much mind any more but will whine when I'm in fussing over the turkeys. She started doing that from the beginning especially when I made them peep in alarm by picking them up to do daily health checks (e.i. looking at their little bums - it always comes down to poo).

No comments: