Saturday, April 01, 2006

Seedlings! Already little green bits are poking through starter mix. This is Russian Tarragon on the right. It’s taste has grown on me the last few years. I’ve already a well-established bunch in the herb garden but it’s not enough to keep up with the demand. Last year was the first time I hadn’t supplemented it with a pot of the French variety (an annual in my climate).

Beside it is one of the decorative grasses, Purple Majesty Millet, that I thought I’d try this year. I’m putting it on the south side of the deck along with some Pampas Grass. It’ll be a nice pretty addition there during the fall and winter.

Also sprouting but not above the surface yet are the Yard Long Beans I bought last year. I was very happy to see they were still viable.

Other new things being sprouted include, Dwarf Marigolds for companion planting and artichokes.

No comments: